Bryce Canyon Visitor Center
Bryce Canyon National Park is located about 4.5 miles south of the intersection of Hwy. 12 & Hwy. 63.
The park is open 24 hours a day year-round.
The visitor center is open year-round and is located 1.5 miles inside the park. It is open daily during the following hours:
- May through September: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- October and April: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- November through March: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
The visitor center and fee booths are closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Visitor Center Phone Number: 435-834-5322
Bryce Canyon National Park Fees and Passes
- America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass is honored and also sold at Arches. Cost is $80. This is the best deal for people intending to visit multiple parks within a year's time. You can get it online.
- Individual Entrance to Bryce Canyon: $12 (Good for 7 Days) This includes individuals entering by foot, bicycle, motorcycle, or non-commercial group (pay per person).
- Vehicle Entrance to Park: $25 (Good for 7 Days) This includes all occupants of a vehicle.
- Backcountry Permits: Permits are required for all overnight stays. Permits may be purchased at the Visitor Center from 8 a.m. until one hour before closing. We do not accept advance reservations via the internet or mail. Reservations may be made up to 48 hours in advance, in person, at the visitor center.
Each includes unlimited use of the Shuttle during its operating season.
Bryce Canyon Driving Directions
Distances to Bryce Canyon from...
- Moab, Utah- 156 miles
- Green River, Utah- 144 miles
- Grand Junction, CO- 219 miles
- Salt Lake City, Utah- 217 miles
- St George, Utah- 85.4 miles
- Las Vegas, NV- 192 miles
- From Salt Lake City. Take I-15 south to UT-20 (exit 95). Travel east on UT-20 to US-89. Follow US-89 south to UT-12. Travel east on UT-12 to UT-63. Take UT-63 south to Bryce Canyon National Park.
- From Las Vegas. Take I-15 north to UT-9 (exit 16) east which takes you through scenic Zion National Park (or you can take UT-14 (exit 59) east as an alternate) to US-89, then go north to UT-12 (Scenic Byway) then go east to UT-63 which is in entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park.
- From Grand Junction. Take I-70 west to US-89 (exit 23), then go south to UT-12 (Scenic Byway, then go east to UT-63.
The closest major airports are in Las Vegas (LAS), Nevada and Salt Lake City (SLC), Utah, each approximately 270 mi from the park. There are smaller airports in Cedar City (CDC), Utah (80 miles) and St. George (SGU), Utah (125 miles).
Amtrak stops at Grand Junction, CO, Green River, UT, and Salt Lake City. Car rentals and shuttle services are available from Grand Junction and Salt Lake City.
There is no public transportation to Bryce Canyon National Park.
Additional information on Bryce Canyon National Park can be obtained by contacting the following:
|Back to top||Print this page||E-mail this page|