Arches National Park Camping
There's only one campground in Arches National Park: Devils Garden. It's located at the end of the main park access road, which is paved. It is about 18 miles from the park entrance and is open year-round. Facilities include potable water, picnic tables, grills, as well as both pit-style and flush toilets. There are no showers. Bring your own wood or charcoal for the grills. Some sites will accommodate RV's up to 30 feet in length.
DEVILS GARDEN CAMPGROUND
Located within the park, 18 miles from the main entrance
Reservations can be made here or call 877-444-6777
50 individual sites $25/night, up to 10 people
2 Group Sites $75-$250/night depending on how many campers you have, 11-55 campers.
*Leashed pets are allowed in campsites and on the road only. Clean up after your pet.
There are 24 maintained BLM Campgrounds in the Moab area. Click here for a full list of campgrounds.
Want electric hookups? A shower? Running water? Flush toilets? Please, pretty please flush toilets? Click here for a complete list of commercial campgrounds in the Moab area.
There are limited backpacking opportunities in the park, and permits are required. You can only obtain a permit in person at the Arches Visitor Center, and you can’t reserve them in advance. There are no designated backcountry trails or campsites. Pack all your water as there are rarely water sources. To see a map of the areas you can camp click here.
• Camp at least 1 mile from any designated road.
• Camp at least 0.5 mile from (and out of sight of) designated trails.
• Establish your camp before sundown.
• Campsites need to be 300 feet from any archaeological site, 300 feet from non-flowing water, and 100 feet from any flowing water.
• The desert is fragile--even your footprints can be damaging. Stay in dry washes or on rock to avoid damaging biological soil crust. The best place to walk and camp is on slickrock.
• Bring lots and lots and lots of water. You’re in the desert. For reals.
• Pets are not allowed in the backcountry.
• Ground fires are not permitted. Sure, they’re campy, but DO NOT build a fire.
• Pack out your human waste or dig a 4-6 inch hole to bury it.
• Pack out ALL trash (including toilet paper and feminine hygiene articles).
• Do not feed the wildlife.
• Watch for rattlesnakes, scorpions, black widow spiders, and cone-nosed kissing bugs.
• Enjoy the quiet and solitude and gift of public lands.
Devil's Garden Campground Directions
TRAVEL BUREAU INFORMATION
Moab Area Travel Council
25 East Center Street
Moab, UT 84532
Articles & ItinerariesView All
Use this scavenger hunt to help kids of all ages enjoy their trip to Arches National Park. Learn the...