Capitol Reef National Park Visitor Center
Capitol Reef National Park is located in south-central Utah. Hwy 24 cuts through its mid-section and is the primary access route. The park is open 24 hours a day, year-round.
The Capitol Reef Visitor Center is located just off Hwy 24 before the historic settlement of Fruita, about 7 miles from the western entrance of the park and 8.4 miles from the eastern entrance. The visitor center is open year-round with information, displays, and a slide program. A museum offering insights to the geology, archaeology and history of the area is also available for exploration. Visitors are encouraged to stop by and learn how to visit the park with minimal impact to the fragile desert environment.
Maps, brochures, and books are available for purchase at the Visitors Center.
It’s open daily during the following hours:
- March - October: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- November - February: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*Holiday exceptions apply.
Fees and Passes
America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass is honored and also sold at Capitol Reef. Cost is $80. This is the best deal for people intending to visit multiple parks within a year's time. You can get it online.
The following entrance fees are charged for traveling the park's Scenic Drive beyond the Fruita Campground.
- Private Vehicle: $20 per vehicle. 7-day pass.
- Individuals: $10 per person. Applies to pedestrians and cyclists. 7-day pass.
- Motorcycles: $15 per motorcycle. 7-day pass.
- America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass: $80. This pass is both honored and sold at Capitol Reef. This is the best deal for people who plan on visiting multiple parks within a year’s time. It can also be purchased online.
- Capitol Reef Annual Pass: $35 per year.
Other Passes Available at the Capitol Reef Visitor Center:
- Senior Pass: $80 lifetime pass. $20 annual pass. Available for those age 62 or older.
- Military Annual Pass: Free annual pass. Available for active military members, veterans and Gold Star Family members.
- Access Pass: Free lifetime pass. Available for those with permanent disabilities.
- Every Kid Outdoors Pass: Free pass valid through 4th grade and the following summer. Available for U.S. 4th graders.
Capitol Reef Visitor Center | Photo Gallery
Red rock mountains in the desert near Capitol Reef
Glamping is one of the best ways to enjoy Capitol Reef. Check out some of the reasons you need to tr...
Check out these amazing places to stay near Capitol Reef. Find cabins and glamping areas plus outdoo...