Red Canyon Lodge Adventures
At Red Canyon Lodge you will find a wide range of activities for kids, seniors and everyone in-between.
Red Canyon Lodge Adventures | Photo Gallery
Red Canyon Lodge Adventures - Horseback Riding
Red Canyon Lodge is a resort that offers a wide range of services and activities for visitors to Flaming Gorge Country. Here are some of the things you can expect when you stay at the lodge:
- Rentals: Boats, bikes, and fishing gear are available for rent. If you have any other recreation gear needs, just ask the front desk staff and they will be happy to make arrangements for you.
- Horseback Riding: Red Canyon Stables offers horseback riding adventures for children and adults. Choose from stable rides for little ones to one hour, two hour, and half-day trips. All rides are fully guided with one rider allowed per horse. Horseback riding rates start at $35 for one hour and go up to $125 for a half-day ride that includes lunch. Private lessons are also available for $60 per hour.
- Private Lake Fishing: Red Canyon Lodge's private lakes offer serenity and plenty of big fish. You don't need a state fishing license to fish at their East and West Greens Lake, but you do need a Red Canyon Lodge permit. Their private lakes are well-stocked and trophy trout are waiting right outside your cabin door.
- Boat Rentals: Red Canyon Lodge's private lake is surrounded by towering pines and is home to local wildlife such as mule deer and osprey. The lodge offers a variety of rental craft for every taste, including paddleboats, rowboats, kayaks, and sleek canoes. Stand-up paddleboards are also available for kids to enjoy. After a little relaxation on the lake, visitors can enjoy a bite to eat on the lodge's outdoor patio.
- Hiking: Visitors can enjoy close access to some of the most scenic trails in the area. The Red Canyon Rim Trail is an easy walk to a scenic overlook and a US Forest Service Visitor Center. Free trail maps are available at the Lodge.
- Mountain Biking: Red Canyon Lodge is surrounded by superb mountain biking terrain. Trails are available for all experience and fitness levels and all are surrounded by some of the most spectacular scenery in the country. Mountain bike rental rates start at $12 for one hour and go up to $36 for a full day.
- Winter Activities: Red Canyon Lodge offers a variety of winter activities such as fishing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and wildlife watching. Visitors can enjoy great scenic views and an abundance of watchable wildlife without the crowds of summer. The winter season is also an excellent time to have the Green River all to yourself.
Whether you're looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventurous outdoor experience, Red Canyon Lodge has something to offer for everyone.
- Salt Lake International Airport198 miles
- Flaming Gorge Restaurant
- Green River4 miles
- Flaming Gorge7 miles