Moab Horseback Riding
Yes, you too can ride your horse here just like John Wayne did. Desert horseback riding in Moab is better than the silver screen because of nature. Hollywood is good at tinsel town; Moab is good at equestrian adventure.
You can purchase a detailed map of horseback riding trails at the Moab Information Center located at 25 E Center Stree, Moab, UT 84532.
MOAB HORSEBACK RIDING TRAILS
2-hour ride | sand & sandstone | Bureau of Land Management | south of Moab on Hwy 191
4.5-hour ride | dirt & gravel | Buruea of Land Management | Hwy 191 → Old Airport Road
SEVEN MILE CANYON
4.5-hour ride | sandy wash | Bureau of Land Management | north of Moab on Hwy 191
4-hour ride | dirt & gravel road | Bureau of Land Management | north of Moab on Hwy 191
MILLCREEK RIM TRAIL
MILL & TUSHER CANYON TRAIL
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
• Feed weed-free hay to pack and saddle stock
• Resource damage is lessened when all riders stay on the same route
• Pack and saddle stock are allowed at any BLM campground (best campgrounds for horses: Goose Island, Ken’s Lake, and Hittle Bottom)
• BLM 435-259-2100
FOREST SERVICE LANDS
• Know your stock
• Take supplemental and weed-seed-free feed
• Use nosebags and mangers when feeding your horse stock hay, pellets or grain
• Stay on trails and avoid shortcuts
• Be courteous and yield to otheres when you can
• Travel in small groups
• Use highlines and tree saver straps. Do not tie directly to trees.
• Keep stock at least 200 feet from shorelines and streams
• Break up and scatter horse manure and fill in pawed holes
• All trails are open to horse use
• Do not camp at trailheads
• Camping with pack and saddle stock is not permitted in developed campgrounds
Manti La Sal National Forest 435-259-7155
CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK
Park Headquarters 435-719-2313
An under the radar destination that should be on your radar. Learn all about Natural Bridges, Utah a...
Utah is one of the best places on Earth but don't take our word for it. See for yourself with these ...