Moab Horseback Riding
JOHN WAYNE IS YOUR HERO
Yes, you too can ride your horse here just like John Wayne did. Desert horseback riding in Moab is better than the silver screen because of nature. Hollywood is good at tinsel town; Moab is good at equestrian adventure.
You can purchase a detailed map of horseback riding trails at the Moab Information Center located at 25 E Center Stree, Moab, UT 84532.
MOAB HORSEBACK RIDING TRAILS
2-hour ride | sand & sandstone | Bureau of Land Management | south of Moab on Hwy 191
4.5-hour ride | dirt & gravel | Buruea of Land Management | Hwy 191 → Old Airport Road
SEVEN MILE CANYON
4.5-hour ride | sandy wash | Bureau of Land Management | north of Moab on Hwy 191
4-hour ride | dirt & gravel road | Bureau of Land Management | north of Moab on Hwy 191
MILLCREEK RIM TRAIL
MILL & TUSHER CANYON TRAIL
- Adrift Adventures
- Red Cliffs Adventure Lodge
- Canyonlands by Night & Day
- Moab Adventure Center
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
• Feed weed-free hay to pack and saddle stock
• Resource damage is lessened when all riders stay on the same route
• Pack and saddle stock are allowed at any BLM campground (best campgrounds for horses: Goose Island, Ken’s Lake, and Hittle Bottom)
• BLM 435-259-2100
FOREST SERVICE LANDS
• Know your stock
• Take supplemental and weed-seed-free feed
• Use nosebags and mangers when feeding your horse stock hay, pellets or grain
• Stay on trails and avoid shortcuts
• Be courteous and yield to otheres when you can
• Travel in small groups
• Use highlines and tree saver straps. Do not tie directly to trees.
• Keep stock at least 200 feet from shorelines and streams
• Break up and scatter horse manure and fill in pawed holes
• All trails are open to horse use
• Do not camp at trailheads
• Camping with pack and saddle stock is not permitted in developed campgrounds
Manti La Sal National Forest 435-259-7155
CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK
Park Headquarters 435-719-2313
Map & Directions to MoabDirections
Articles & Itineraries
Natural Bridges National Monument: A Hidden Gem, Not a Second Fiddle
If you were the little sibling in your family growing...
Plan a Triathlon of Fun in Greater Zion
Take part in some unforgettable events of your own in...
Get Your Peach Thrills in Box Elder County
Northwestern Utah is the perfect climate for fruit,...
17 Reasons Utah is the #1 Place to Visit in the World
Snowbird Resort If anyone has seen it all, it’s...
Horseback Riding in Moab
Click here for more information about Moab and the surrounding area.