Arches National Park Mountain Biking
• Bicycles are permitted on all paved and unpaved roadways within the parks.
• There are no bike lanes or paved shoulders.
• Cyclists must ride in single file at all times, and with the flow of traffic.
• BIKING IS NOT ALLOWED on any of the trails within the park.
Unpaved/dirt roads in the park:
- Willow Flats Road
- Salt Valley Road
MOUNTAIN BIKING IN MOAB
Moab is Arches’ gateway community, and is one of the world’s premier mountain biking destinations. Trails are practically endless, and there’s plenty for every skill level to enjoy for weeks...or even a lifetime.
MOAB’S TOP 3 MOUNTAIN BIKING AREAS/TRAILS
SLICKROCK - SPANISH VALLEY & SAND FLATS RECREATION AREA
- Slickrock Bike Trail (Difficult) - 10.5 miles (main loop), 2.2 miles (practice loop)
- Pipe Dream (Difficult) - 4.8 miles one way
- Prospector (Intermediate - Difficult) - 1.4 miles
AMASA BACK AREA
- Amasa Back - Cliffhanger Road (Difficult) - 3.8 miles one way from Kane Creek Road
- Captain Ahab (Technical) - 4.3 miles one way
- HyMasa (Intermediate - Difficult) - 2.7 miles
- Jackson (Technical) - 2.4 miles one way
- Pothole Arch (Intermediate) - 1.9 miles
- Rockstacker (Technical) - 1.6 miles
GEMINI BRIDGES ROAD & BEYOND
- 7-Up (Intermediate) - 9.5 miles
- Arth’s Corner (Intermediate) - 1.5 miles
- Bull Run (Intermediate - Difficult) - 5.1 miles
- Getaway (Intermediate) - 4.4 miles
- Gemini Bridges Road - 4x4 (Easy) - 13.5 miles, shuttle required
- Gold Bar - 4x4 (Intermediate - Difficult) - 1.2 miles of singletrack and 2.3 miles of 4x4 road
- Golden Spike 4x4 (Intermediate - Difficult) - 5.2 miles of nasty 4x4 roads
- Great Escape (Intermediate) - 3.3 miles
- Little Canyon (Intermediate - Difficult) - 2.2 miles
- Poison Spider 4x4 (Difficult) - 7.4 miles of rough 4x4 road
- Portal (Difficult) - 2.6 miles
Articles & Itineraries
Natural Bridges National Monument: A Hidden Gem, Not a Second Fiddle
If you were the little sibling in your family growing...
Plan a Triathlon of Fun in Greater Zion
Take part in some unforgettable events of your own in...
Get Your Peach Thrills in Box Elder County
Northwestern Utah is the perfect climate for fruit,...
17 Reasons Utah is the #1 Place to Visit in the World
Snowbird Resort If anyone has seen it all, it’s...